Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cupcake and cake fun

My older sister was asked to make cupcakes for a friend's party.  The party was for a six year old boy, which was perfect because my sister is an expert on six year olds, having one herself.  It was so much fun making these cupcakes together. We did a lot of googling and pinteresting until we found what we were looking for. We decided on a ninjago angry birds theme for the cakes. My sister did some amazing baking and made the cakes and the icing from scratch. I did the decorating on all the cupcakes and my sister did the sky and grass on the big cake.

Here is the link for the cupcakes: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2011/09/ultimate-vanilla-cupcake-test-baked-by.html

Here is the link for the icing: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2012/09/my-favorite-fluffy-buttercream-frosting/#


I think if my sister and I lived in the same place it would be insane the things we would come up with.  We had a lot of ideas that may have been a little over the top.

Even if you are not doing a themed party having a special cake or cupcakes is a great idea to make your birthday party unique! Be creative and think outside the box for the next party you host! It doesn't have to be stressful, it can be really fun.

Angry Bird cupcakes

 Pig cupcakes

Pigs and Angry Birds Cupcakes

 Adult cake

Birthday boys personal cake

Ninjago cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment