Saturday, March 30, 2013

Magnetic Interactive Board

I saw this idea on Pinterest and was very excited when I found the drip pan at Walmart. Before we were using Velcro for our daily board to talk about the day of the week, letters and numbers. The magnetic board is better because my son can reach it and take things on and off easily.

 This drip pan was about eleven dollars at Walmart. I got some plastic hooks that I stuck on to hold our days of the week and numbers for the date. I used the double stick tape to stick it to the window of one of the doors we have in our house.  The tape is the kind that almost feels like foam...not sure the name of it.
 Our hooks with the containers holding out extra stuff we don't need on the board.

I found these really neat foam sticker numbers and letters at Walmart, so I took an index card cut them in half and stuck the letters on the cards. I also got a role of magnets with the peel off back to stick on the paper. I think I will have to hot glue it though because the sticky side is not adhering well.

We change the day and date everyday so I got the clips instead of putting magnets on the backs of this.

All done! We also have shapes, numbers and some random magnets. My plan is to take some small toys like little cars and hot glue magnets on to them so my son can play with them on the board.

I also considered painting on the board with acrylic paint to make it more decorative, but i kind of like the silver board. I'm also concerned the paint would scratch off if a magnet is scraped across it. I may experiment more with it down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment