Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Outside Play Area

New Outside Play Area

 My mother in law bought us this sandbox at a yard sale a long time ago and it has been sitting on our back porch until we found a snake around it....so it had to move. So I wanted to create a space for it on the side of our house.  I first put down trash bags opened up and taped together to prevent weeds from growing up through the rubber mulch. I poked holes in them to allow water to go through the bags and not collect and breed mosquitoes.

My parents gave me our old family basketball hoop that we hope to put up at the end of the driveway which will help make this whole area complete!


 I found this small chair on the side of the road a long time ago and cleaned it up and it is the perfect size for my son. The little tikes basketball hoop was something I bought when I was in high school and this is the perfect place for it.
The wooden posts along the edge of the play area were found on the side of the road with the piece of fence that I spray painted. I bought swim noodles at Walmart to put around the border to add a pop of color and hopefully prevent accidents on the corner of the pieces of wood.
 My husbands car was totalled and he took the tires off of them because they were nice tires. We were going to sell them, but three years later they were still in the garage. So I received the go ahead to use them for planters!
 I found this ship water table on the side of the road. I wiped it down and cleaned up a couple broken bits and now it is perfect in our little play area.
 I found a pile of fence pieces on the side of the road. I am going to attach metal pots and such to the fence to create a music station. The green chair was given to us from my parents.
 I still have some area I need to fill in with more rubber mulch..but I have to save up to buy it. The green umbrella was given to us by my husbands aunt and uncle for a garage sale we were going to have, but I'm so thankful we saved it because it works great out here!

Rubber mulch: 5.99 a bag at WalMart

3 comments:

  1. What a great play area and I love that water ship table. I just babysat Karis and Tessa and Tessa (age 2) just kept pouring water from bucket to bowl and back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so excited when I saw the water table. We have another one we found on the side of the road, but this one is so much cooler! My son loves to play and splash in the water.

      Delete